rockabilly pin-up & little miss rockabilly
PLEASE NOTE: This event will follow all current Direct Health Measure Guidelines directed by Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts and the West Central District Health Department. Social Distancing will be required upon entry into the staging area. Household Family Members do not need to be distant; however, non-household family members need to remain 6ft apart.
Compete for the Title of 2021 Platte River Rockabilly Pinup, Miss Rockabilly, and Little Miss Rockabilly
We are looking for a pinup that exemplifies what it means to be a great pinup in today's modern world. The Platte River Rockabilly Girl is all about quirk and confidence. This contest is not based on popularity or cosmetic appeal but one that includes inner beauty!
Saturday, July 10th
Contestants Take Stage at 10AM
Inside the Platte River Mall, Center Court. In front of former JC Penney storefront
1. Must be 17 years of age or older to compete for the 2021 Platte River Rockabilly Pin Up Girl. Miss Rockabilly is for young women ages 13-16. Little Miss Rockabilly is open to girls ages 5-12.
2. Contestants must wear a 1940’s, 1950’s or 1960’s Classic Glamour Pin-up outfit. Dresses, circle and pencil skirts, wiggle dresses, blouses, capris, or high-wasted shorts. No exposed belly buttons, no nudity, no flashing, no pasties, no lingerie outfits, no swimwear, no bikinis/thongs and no Halloween style costumes. Military style outfits are welcome! If you are unsure if what you want to wear fits these rules, just ask one of our directors or send us a photo. This is a family event so please be modest. Tattoos are welcome. Miss Rockabilly and Little Miss Rockabilly outfits must be at least knee length.
If your outfit is not appropriate for the theme, officials will ask you to change or you will be automatically disqualified. Every effort should be made to be classic in style and in good taste.
3. You are in charge of your own Hairstyles, Makeup and shoes and must follow the same Classic Glamour Styling. Miss Rockabilly and Little Miss Rockabilly's are to not wear makeup, other than lip gloss.
4. You can pre-register online or stop into Brittany's at the Platte River Mall to get your Entry Form. We will also take registrations the day of the event. Fee is $15 per contestant. Day of registration is $20.
5. You will be asked to sign a waiver agreeing the use of contest photos for marketing purposes.
6. Contestants must arrive at the Platte River Mall, dressed and ready to be on the stage at 9:30 AM to receive entry number and last minute instructions. Contest begins promptly at 10 AM. Any unladylike behavior will NOT be tolerated. No provocative dancing, flashing, use of profanity, intoxication or any other unladylike behavior. Said behavior will result in immediate disqualification.
7. Each contestant will be announced by stage name and walk across the stage. The next round consists of each contestant answering a simple question. The final round contestants will strike a pose.
8. There will be 5 judges to be determined at a later date.
PRIZES WILL BE CASH AND/OR PRIZES FOR TOP 3 PINUPS IN EACH COMPETITION.